FOR EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ONLY.
Download links and Licenses are sent by email from Adobe.
Install Media and manuals are shipped via Ground
Adobe Captivate 8 software helps you rapidly author a wide range of interactive and HTML5-based eLearning content without programming. Easily create application simulations, product demos, drag-and-drop modules, and soft skills and compliance training materials that meet accessibility standards*. Transform Microsoft PowerPoint presentations into attractive eLearning using actors, learning interactions, and quizzes. Publish to the web, desktops, and leading Tin Can-, SCORM- and
AICC-compliant LMSs, and deliver to mobile devices, including iPad
- Improved roundtrip with Microsoft® PowerPoint: Import your PowerPoint 2010 slides in eLearning projects. Bring in objects, animations and multimedia, easily update the content, and keep your PowerPoint and Adobe Captivate projects in sync with the dynamically linked import option.
- Optimized user interface: Get going faster, do the job in fewer steps, and improve the overall authoring experience with the Property inspector, a multiple document interface, and personalized workspaces.
- Master Slides: Use Master Slides to easily create and maintain well-formatted and consistent-looking content that meets corporate guidelines.
- Object Styles: Define styles and apply them to selected objects for quick and consistent formatting across a project.
- Themes: Spend less time and effort to liven up your courses. Choose from attractive, professionally designed themes that blend backgrounds, styles, fonts, and layouts. Apply them across projects to maintain a consistent look and feel. You can also customize themes to suit your requirements.
- Table of Contents and Aggregator: Enable learners to easily navigate through content and track their progress with a multilevel Table of Contents. Use the Aggregator to combine multiple content modules into a single eLearning course.
- XML file export and import for easy localization: Simplify project localization by exporting captions to a text or XML Localization Interchange File Format (XLIFF) file. Import the translated text file into a copy of the original project file.
- Streamlined workflows and enhanced usability: Enjoy workflow and usability enhancements, including inline editing of text captions, support for panning to optimize the viewing experience on small screens and devices, and support for right-clicking in simulations.
- Professional project templates: Use enhanced project templates that make it easy for subject-matter experts to contribute content without compromising structure.
- More effective collaboration: Collaborate more efficiently by leveraging Acrobat.com* and using the Twitter* widget from Adobe.
- Hosting and collaboration via Acrobat.com: Host published or in-progress eLearning projects in the cloud using Acrobat.com* and share them with learners and reviewers, who can access them from virtually anywhere.
- Real-time reviewing of SWF files: Accelerate content creation cycles by letting reviewers add comments to your SWF files while playing them without having Adobe® Captivate® installed.
- Direct access to Adobe resources: Reach out to Adobe support, access social media forums, and receive timely updates from the Adobe Captivate product team, all from within Adobe Captivate.
- In-context learner collaboration via Twitter: Leverage the Twitter widget from Adobe to create courses that let learners collaborate with one another as well as the author by simply logging in to their Twitter accounts. They can ask questions, get answers, and access preexisting discussions
- Community Help: Access a large repository of Help content, generated by Adobe and the user community at large, using an Adobe AIR® application.
- Interactive eLearning experiences: Easily create show-me product demos in HD, interactive let-me-try application simulations, and test-me assessments. Insert aesthetically designed interactive elements to eLearning content with just a click.
- Automatic screen capture with smart full-motion recording: Automatically record all your actions, including mouse movements and keyboard activity, while using any software application. Full-motion recording automatically switches on and off for drag-and-drop actions.
- Multimode recording for screen capture: Generate robust software simulations with multiple learning modes in a single recording session, including a demonstration of the procedure, a simulation for practicing the steps, and an assessment.
- Smart learning interactions: Insert aesthetically designed interactive elements to eLearning content with just a click. Simply select from a wide range of stunning out-of-the-box interactions like Process Cycle, Glossary, Accordion, Pyramid, Animated Rollover, and more, customize the content and appearance, and you’re done.
- Actors: Tell your eLearning story more effectively using human characters. Select from a wide range of out-of-the-box actors making various gestures to give your eLearning a more personal touch. Set them against relevant backgrounds to make your scenarios look more realistic.
- High-definition (HD) screencast: Easily create high-quality product demos with the new capture-as-a-video workflow. Edit video, and add transitions, smart shapes, audio, and captions. Insert a talking head or another video in a picture-in-picture format. Publish it to YouTube with a single click.
- Support for right-clicking in simulations: Maintain realism in your software training content by simulating right-clicking as well as left-clicking and double-clicking.
- AutoText Captions: Create text captions that describe concepts and screen actions, or have Adobe Captivate software automatically add them during recording. Customize the appearance, size, orientation, position, and display speed of captions.
- Interactive elements: Create realistic branching scenarios without programming. Easily add buttons, click boxes, text boxes, and more interactive elements to solicit responses from learners. Specify the type of event you want to associate with a particular response.
- Scenario branching: Visually map out different learner paths. Collapse and expand sections of a simulation, and create complex scenarios by automatically branching at the end of slides based on a learner's choice at the beginning of the simulation.
- Adobe Connect and Adobe Presenter integration: Increase training effectiveness by adding interactive simulations to Adobe Presenter or Adobe Connect™ software. Every participant can practice simulations during live events or recorded presentations.
- Variables and Advanced Actions: Use Variables to personalize the learning experience by using learner-provided data, such as the learner’s name, throughout a scenario. Use Advanced Actions to further configure and modify the learning experience by enabling conditional actions, or more than one action in an interaction
- Rich multimedia to attract learners: Import video in popular formats (AVI, MOV, FLV, MPEG) and synchronize video with selected slides. Add audio and animations to eLearning projects.
- Multivideo support and synchronization: Import video in a wide variety of formats (AVI, MOV, FLV, MPEG) and synchronize it with the project, slide, or set of slides.
- Audio recording and editing: Simultaneously record narration and capture screen motion, and synchronize audio with slides and timed objects. Edit audio to correct mistakes and pauses, add an external track, or attach sound effects or narration to individual objects.
- Audio response: Make your eLearning more personal by providing audio responses in content and quizzes. Record voice, convert text to speech, or import external sounds, and play them back when learners click on an object.
- Text-to-speech functionality: Keep learners tuned in to your content thanks to automatic voice-over functionality that turns text into high-quality speech in a few clicks. Need to change the text? Just click once to update the audio.
- Gradients, shadows, and rotations: Make your slides and objects more attractive with color gradients. Select a preset shadow, or define one, to add depth to objects. Use the rotate handle to easily turn and flip objects.
- Smart Shapes: Add a wide range of shapes, including circles, rectangles, triangles, callouts, arrows, lines, banners, and flowchart symbols, to your eLearning content. Customize them and convert them into buttons.
- Reflections: Add a new dimension to text, images, and even videos using reflections.
- Object grouping: Group a set of smart shapes, images, or other objects so that you can work with them collectively. Resize, rotate, time, flip, move, or format all the objects in the group as if they were a single object.
- Hyperlinks: Insert text hyperlinks to direct learners to other sections of the course or external sources for more information.
- Text margins and custom bullets: Improve the appearance and readability of text by adding margins and custom bullets.
- Rich animation effects: Create rich object animations within Adobe Captivate 5.5 by combining predefined effects like straight-line motion, rotation, and glow. For added impact, seamlessly import custom animation effects from Adobe Flash® Professional software.
- Expanded asset library: Get a larger set of prebuilt widgets, playbars, skins, stock animations, images, text captions, and buttons with superior aesthetics and usability.
- Adobe Photoshop layer support: Preserve layers in imported Adobe Photoshop® (PSD) files so you can edit or animate individual layers in Adobe Captivate for just the right effect. (Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended software is available separately and as part of Adobe eLearning Suite 2 and later software.)
- Adobe Audition CS6 integration: Edit and enhance audio files in Adobe Audition CS6 software and then bring them back into Adobe Captivate.
- Support for panning: Use the new panning motion while recording to draw attention to specific areas in an application and to optimize your content for playback on even the smallest mobile device screens.
- Zooming by object: Focus attention by zooming into different parts of the screen. Simply magnify a chosen area of the screen or place a different image into the zoom area.
- Rollover slidelet: Provide additional just-in-time information on Adobe Captivate slides by displaying rich media content such as images, text, audio, and video when the learner moves the mouse over the hot spot.
- Rollover images and captions: Use rollover effects to offer additional information or to provide hints and tips during a lesson. The rollover images and captions will appear when the learner rolls the mouse over the specified area of the slide.
- Skins: Place customizable playback controls outside the simulation and customize the frame color to your needs. You can even create a table of contents for large projects.
- Easy quizzing: Create eye-catching quizzes with out-of the-box templates, and evaluate quiz results more conveniently. Add pre-test, audio responses, and remediation to quizzes
- Attractive out-of-the-box quizzing: Create eye-catching quizzes with new out-of the-box quiz templates and an attractive set of components.Work in an improved quiz review area that makes evaluation simpler and faster.
- Pre-test and branch-aware quizzing: Use pre-tests to assess the knowledge, skill level, or training needs of individual learners. Based on the results, direct learners to the appropriate section, and quiz them at the end to gauge what they have learned.
- Partial and negative scoring: Assign a score to each correct option when a question has more than one correct answer. Discourage guesswork by penalizing learners for wrong answers.
- Remediation: Make eLearning content more effective and improve the percentage of successful outcomes using the all-new remedial workflow. When answering a quiz question incorrectly, let learners revisit the relevant section, understand the concept correctly, and retry the question.
- Multiple question types: Create quizzes quickly with an intuitive user interface and the ability to insert multiple question types in one pass.
- Randomized quizzing and question pools: Choose from customizable quiz templates such as Multiple Choice and Fill in the Blank, improve learner assessments by randomly drawing questions from a set of question pools, and more.
- Score interpretation: Interpret scores through a SCORM 1.2– and SCORM 2004–certified LMS, integrate Adobe Captivate with the Questionmark Perception tool to create simulation-based assessments, or use Adobe™ Training to measure content effectiveness.
- Delivery virtually anywhere: Publish projects to the web, desktops, notebooks, and tablets. Deliver eLearning content to iOS and Android™ devices.
- Multiformat publishing: Publish your projects in multiple formats (MP4, SWF, EXE or PDF) to the web, desktops, notebooks, tablets, smartphones, iOS devices, and leading SCORM- and AICC-compliant LMSs.
- HTML5 publishing: Deliver eLearning on the go. Now publish eLearning content as HTML5, and take your courses to mobile devices. Send scoring data to leading SCORM- and AICC-compliant LMSs and track learner progress.
- iPad publishing: Take your eLearning to mobile iDevices. Create interactive eLearning content in a jiffy using the iPad and iPhone presets. Publish content as HTML5, for access using browsers on iPads and iPhones.
- Pause and resume: Allow learners to pause and resume linear courses across devices. By publishing eLearning content as both SWF and HTML5, learners can begin the course on either their desktop or mobile device, pause it, and then resume it on the same or another device.
- Microsoft Word export: Output your project in Microsoft Word format to create complete printed training handouts.
- Accessible content: Create simulations and demonstrations that help meet Section 508 accessibility standards. Define text equivalents for a single slide or an entire movie, add animations without causing constant refresh for screen reader users, insert clickable areas that allow keyboard access, and more.
- ActionScript 3.0 publishing: Take advantage of ActionScript® 3.0 publishing to bring content created with Adobe Flash Builder® 4 and later software (available separately) into your Adobe Captivate projects and to embed Adobe® Captivate® movies in content created using Flash Builder.
- Single-click publishing to YouTube: Create a project using preset dimensions, and use the new direct workflow to publish it to YouTube with a single click.
- PDF publishing: Bring text-based instructional content to life by embedding Adobe Captivate movies in Adobe PDF files. Easily create PDF Portfolios that bring together files of varying formats in a single PDF document, complete with navigation and a customized look and feel.
- Scoring, tracking, and reporting: Publish eLearning and HTML5-based mLearning courses effortlessly to leading SCORM- and AICC-compliant LMSs. Or satisfy basic evaluation needs at no extra cost by tracking and reporting key performance metrics without investing in an LMS.
- Comprehensive scoring: Capture scoring data from all interactive elements, including click boxes, text entry boxes, buttons, and quizzes.
- Tracking and reporting: Satisfy basic evaluation needs at no extra cost by tracking and reporting key performance metrics, like average score and pass or fail, without having to invest in an LMS.
- Integration with SCORM- and AICC-compliant LMSs: Rest assured that your scoring data will integrate smoothly with your Learning Management System (LMS). Publish your courses effortlessly to leading LMSs like Moodle, Blackboard, Plateau, Saba, and SumTotal.