- Native DWG™ files: Open, work with and save files in DWG format for worry-free collaboration with colleagues, suppliers and partners. CorelCAD™ uses DWG™ as its native file format and offers DXF™ and DWF support up to AutoCAD® 2013 file format versions.
- Feel comfortable with the familiar command bar and command aliases in CorelCAD
- Industry-standard CAD features: Be productive immediately in an environment filled with familiar features and tools. CorelCAD is compatible with all major CAD programs, so experienced users will feel comfortable with the familiar command bar, command aliases, and menu and toolbar items.
- Work more efficiently with the CorelCAD Properties palette
- Efficient user interface: Work more efficiently with dockable toolbars, right-click shortcut menus and a Properties palette.
- Save drawings back to R12 DWG or DXF file format for legacy hardware devices or software support
- Legacy file format support: Save drawings back to R12 DWG or DXF format to work with them on legacy hardware devices or using older software, and recover damaged DWG and DXF files in all format versions.
- Precision 2D drafting tools: Use CorelCAD smart tools, such as entity snap and guides to work faster
- Entity snaps: Use CorelCAD smart tools, such as entity snap, entity snap guides and polar guides to work faster.
- CAD design is faster using entity grips to quickly reposition, align, copy or resize entities
- Entity grips: Save time using entity grips to quickly reposition, align, copy or resize entities.
- Copy properties from other entities using the CorelCAD Property Painter
- Properties docker and Property Painter: Manipulate entity attributes, such as layer, color, line style and more with the Properties palette or copy properties from other entities.
- Create custom coordinate systems to align the construction plane to drawing objects
- Custom coordinates: Create custom coordinate systems to align the construction plane to drawing objects.
- Smart Dimension toolsCreate precise dimensions as aligned or horizontal/ vertical linear dimensions, radial or diameter dimensions or angular dimensions. Let the new Smart Dimension tool suggest the most appropriate dimension type automatically for Lines, PolyLine segments, Arcs, Circles and Rings.
- 3D design tools for advanced modeling
- View 3D models from multiple viewpoints or roll them in 3D space interactively. Use Tiled Viewports to split a drawing into multiple view tiles and set them to display your 3D model in different views, such as front, right, top and isometric. Or choose Shaded view or Rendered view to change the display mode.
- Add 3D solid primitives to your design and use Boolean operations to unite, intersect and subtract bodies.
- Advanced 3D design and modeling in CorelCAD
- Extrude or revolve 2D entities, sweep 2D entities along a path, or loft between 2D entities to create solid objects.
- Slice and intersect solids, and edit edges, faces and bodies of 3D solids. New advanced editing tools include Filleting Edges of 3D Solids, and coloring, moving, rotating and offsetting individual faces of 3D solids.
- 3D mouse support Navigate in 3D with support for 3Dconnexion® input devices. Simultaneously pan and zoom, and rotate 2D and 3D drawings by moving (push, pull, twist, or tilt) the cap of the 3D mouse. Assign your preferred navigation settings or custom commands to buttons of the 3D mouse.*
- Compatibility for a smoother workflow
- CorelDRAW® and Corel DESIGNER® compatibility*
- CDR and DES export
- Import CorelDRAW and Corel DESIGNER files into CorelCAD as model space objects with a representation in a layout sheet. As direct way to import drafts from CorelDRAW and Corel DESIGNER for advanced 2D and 3D modeling in CorelCAD, you can work with:
- Multi-page CDR/DES files
- CorelDRAW files from version 8 to the current release (X6)
- Corel DESIGNER files from version 10 to the current release (X5)
- Export to CorelDRAW® X5 (CDR) and Corel DESIGNER® X5 (DES) formats* to easily re-purpose your work in presentations and marketing-related deliverables.
- Collaborate and share more easily with colleagues and clients with support for leading formats, including PDF, SVG, and DWF.
- Attach one or more pages of a PDF document to your drawing and control the layer visibility and clipping (masking areas) of the PDF Underlay. DGN files originated from MicroStation® or other CAD software can be inserted as DGN Underlay. You can attach, clip boundaries, layer and detach underlays from current drawings. The clipping functionality allows you to display only part of a DGN or PDF Underlay since the entity is masked at a boundary you create or specify.
- Open and work with 3D models with support for the ACIS model (.sat) file format. You can also save a 3D design to ACIS format to repurpose it with the advanced visualization options in the Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite Add-On Right Hemisphere® Deep Exploration™ CCE or to create high-quality technical illustrations with Corel DESIGNER (available separately).
- Export multiple 3D solid objects to STL (Stereolithography), the most commonly used file format for 3D prints (used as processing format in 3D printers). Print 3D prototypes using STL support for direct connection to 3D printers.
- Save your print settings for individual layout sheets using the new Print Configuration Manager in CorelCAD! Store all your advanced print settings, including paper size, scale, orientation, color to line width assignments and many more, in named configurations to use them across CAD files and projects.
- Add recorded voice messages, reminders or instructions
- Take collaboration a step further with the innovative VoiceNotes tool, which lets you add recorded messages, reminders or instructions directly in your drawing. You can also easily mark up drawing items with freehand sketches and mask portions of a drawing to exempt them from annotations.
- Visualize maps and geographic models created by geographic information systems (GIS) applications with support for ESRI Shape (*.shp) files.
- Create a package (ZIP archive or folder) containing the current drawing and its dependent files, such as References, referenced images, referenced PDF files, font files, font mapping files, PrintStyle files, and Print Configuration files.
- Take advantage of support for LISP and Microsoft® Visual Studio® Tools for Applications (VSTA)* to create your own functions, routines and plug-ins in the CorelCAD automation interface.
- Access the plug-in store for third-party enhancements to CorelCAD that can help you automate tasks or add new functionality to the application.
- Interface customization: Create and store multiple configurations of the interface in user profiles—no programming knowledge required. Aliases for frequently used commands also help speed you through common tasks.
- CorelCAD is optimized for both Windows® and Mac OS®, so you can work quickly and efficiently on the platform of your choice.
- CorelCAD 32-bit supports Microsoft® Windows® 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista® and Windows® XP, 32- and 64-bit editions. CorelCAD 64-bit supports Windows 8 and Windows 7 64-bit editions.
- Take advantage of Mac OS X enhancements, including full screen application mode. CorelCAD supports Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8).
- *Import and export of CorelDRAW (.CDR) and Corel DESIGNER (.DES) file formats, support for 3Dconnexion input devices and Microsoft VSTA are only available in CorelCAD for Windows.